A Firm Providing Assertive, Skilled Employer Defense
Attorney Clifton E. Smith has extensive employer defense experience. He protects the legal rights of employers and their management team in defense of litigation or state and federal administrative inquiries. CE Smith Law Firm also assists in the development of comprehensive employment policies as well as the early resolution of all employer-related disputes.
Of course, the most effective employer defense strategy includes an effort to resolve the dispute before it ever reaches the courtroom. However, in the event that these employment disputes do end up in the courtroom, Mr. Smith offers skilled employer defense representation for you and your management team in both state and federal courts.
Representation In Government Investigations And Internal Self-Assessments
In addition to employer defense in a court of law, CE Smith Law Firm represents employers against intrusive and intimidating investigations by state and federal agencies, such as the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), or the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE), or the Fair Employment Housing Authority (FEHA) to name just a few.
Attorney Smith also offers strategic guidance, training, support and even confidential self-audits of your business practices, wherever and whenever needed. This support and guidance will help your firm identify, address and resolve issues in a proactive manner, in an effort to avoid litigation or claims and inquiries by state or federal agencies.
A Comprehensive Range Of Services For Employers And Businesses
The firm is ready to represent your company in matters related to:
- Defense of class action, wage and hour lawsuits
- Harassment claims, including sexual harassment
- Wrongful termination cases
- Employment discrimination and retaliatory discharge claims
- Wage claims for unpaid overtime, missed meal and rest periods, inaccurate wage statements, failure to pay all wages due at termination, commission and bonus disputes
- Claims and investigations by DOL, EEOC, FEHA, DLSE
- Employer defense of unfair labor practice charges before the National Labor Relations Board
- Pre-(NLRB) petition, strategic union avoidance strategies and activities to remain union-free
- Post-(NLRB) petition, counter-union organizing campaigns & strategies to win the election, defeat the union and remain union-free
- Claims under FMLA/CFRA leave laws
Discrimination, harassment and retaliation lawsuits typically involve sizable claims for compensatory damages, punitive damages and attorney fees. Class action wage and hour lawsuits can present significant, financial exposure to multimillion-dollar employee wage claims depending upon various factors such as the size of the employee class, its unique attributes, the nature of the claims, and the period for which such class claims are made, among other factors.
The legal defense services provided by CE Smith Law Firm will help your management team remain focused on your business operation, minimizing the distraction and disruption caused by employment claims and lawsuits.
Information All Employers Must Know
Many business owners and management teams are surprised by information like the following:
- You, your executive staff and/or your management team may be individually liable for a sexual harassment claim.
- If you retaliate in response to a discrimination claim, even if the claim is found to be false, you could still be liable for the retaliation.
- Your business could be liable for failure to promptly investigate and remedy claims of discrimination or harassment.
What you don’t know can hurt you, legally and financially. That is one of many reasons why it is important to consult with an experienced employer defense attorney.
Partner With An Attorney Who Will Aggressively Protect Your Interests
Don’t let an employee claim or lawsuit ruin your company. Attorney Smith is ready to help you defend against adverse legal action. You can schedule your appointment by calling 888-780-4541 or by submitting an online form.